Family Run, Independent Funeral Directors in Basingstoke, Hampshire
I have over 23 years’ experience conducting every aspect of funeral directing.
All telephone calls are answered personally and we can speak with you whenever you need us.
We can make funeral arrangements via phone, email or FaceTime.
We are members of the Society of Allied Independent Funeral Directors and Golden Charter.
This is a funeral we offer with all the same personal care and attention of any attended service.
The deceased will be brought in our care by our dignified caring team and placed into a coffin in our chapel of rest until the date of the funeral.
The unattended funeral has no service or mourners in attendance no minister or celebrant, the funeral will take place in the morning.
A piece of music can be chosen by the family to be played at the crematorium.
A date and time will be arranged at the meeting with the family to sign all necessary paperwork.
Families may choose this form of arrangement because of many reasons, the person who has died requested no or little fuss made for their funeral, the availability of funds or Personal circumstances and beliefs.
A separate service to celebrate the life of the person can be arranged prior or after the funeral for a small gathering in our chapel of rest, fees on request.
This option is inclusive of:
- Conveyance of the deceased from place of death within working hours of 9am – 5pm
- Out of hours 5pm – 9am fee of £220.00
- Provision of a suitable veneered foil coffin with 6 handles and an engraved plate of inscription
- Provision of a motor vehicle
- Cremation fees £499.00 variable
- Doctors fees of £82 will apply unless the coroner has issued the certificate for cremation
- A direct service with family attendance can also be arranged with additional fee to the Crematorium
- A small service with a Celebrant or Minister can be held in our chapel of rest the day before the cremation is to take place, fees on request
Attended Simple Funeral
This option is inclusive of:
All fee included are :
- Funeral Directors professional services providing 24 hour help and advice
- All arrangements for cremation or burial can be made at your own home if you wish
- Conveyance of the deceased during office hours 9am – 5pm
- Out of hours fee of £220.00 will apply 5pm – 9am
- Conveyance after the first 20 miles will incur additional mileage fee of £1.40 per mile
- Provision of a suitable dignified veneered foil coffin with 6 handles and an engraved plate of inscription
- Hearse and four pallbearers , additional bearers will incur fees
- Chapel visits not included – Hearse only direct to the Crematorium
DISBURSEMENTS INCLUDED ARE
- Minister’s fee from £220.00 variable
- Basingstoke Crematorium Cremation full service fee £1105.00
- Doctors’ fees where applicable for certificate of cremation £82
Attended Cremation Funeral Service
This option is inclusive of:
- The Funeral Directors professional services providing 24 hour help and advice
- All arrangements required for a cremation or Burial, arrangements can be made in your home if you prefer.
- Conveyance of the deceased within office hours 9am -5pm
- Out of hours, 5pm – 9am fee of £220.00
- After the first 20 miles an additional mileage fee will be charged at £1.40 per mile
- Care and attention of the deceased
- Provision of a veneered oak coffin, 6 handles satin lined with an engraved plate of inscription
- Provision of a motor hearse and four pallbearers, additional pall bearers will incur fees
- The hearse may leave from a preferred address or direct to the crematorium or cemetery
DISBURSEMENTS INCLUDED ARE
- Cremation fees Basingstoke Crematorium for a full service is £1160.00
- Doctors fees £82.00
- Ministers fees from £220.00
- Viewing in the chapel of rest by appointment within office hours
- Burial fees will depend on the cemetery or church the costs will be confirmed for each cemetery and church yard
Woodland Eco-Friendly Funerals
- Within a mile of our premises is the woodland burial site at Ibworth Wood, providing full body burial and ashes interments.
- It has far reaching views over the Hampshire countryside and is a truly a tranquil resting place.
- Full details can be found on the Ibworth Woodland Burial website.
- The cost of a burial plot is £900.00
- Grave preparation from £550
- There are many different types of eco-friendly coffins, which can be made from willow, bamboo, wool and cardboard from £450.00
- All the coffins are biodegradable, and can be of traditional style or otherwise.
- They are all lined and are accepted at all woodland burial sites as well as cemeteries and crematoriums.
- For any more details, please call with any questions you may have.
Bespoke Funeral Service
- The bespoke service includes a choice of a traditional hearse, horse-drawn, motorcycle, flatbed lorry and even tractors.
- You can choose a traditional coffin or a personalised colourful coffin. You could even go for a glitter coffin, wicker, cardboard, bamboo and the American casket.
- Balloons, doves, a piper, brass band, a harpist, a bugler, a soloist and a choir are also available.
- All services can be personalised with photo tributes and live streaming to the family who cannot attend and a recorded keepsake can be produced, additional fees to the crematorium will apply.
- These are just a few of the options available to plan a fitting tribute to a loved one.
Disbursements and terms of business
Disbursements are the third party costs collected and paid for on your behalf.
The third party fees paid are to the Crematorium Doctors Ministers Celebrants Cemetery Church Organist Newspaper announcements Floral tributes Grave digger and Memorial removal re-fixing and new or additional inscriptions.
These fees are variable and we are not able to control any rise in third party costs.
All funeral arrangements made will be fully detailed in a printed estimate of fees due for the service, any amendments to the arrangements will be detailed and a new estimate will be issued
Disbursement fees are due at time of arrangement on all funeral packages unless prior agreement has been made, the balance of account is due 2 working days prior to the funeral service unless agreement has been made in advance
The unattended funeral is required to be paid in full at time of arrangement
Some of my reviews received from families that have entrusted me to care for their loved ones here are just a few with many more listed on FreeIndex,
click the link below to view them
We have a high reputation for our professional service built up on recommendation over many years.
Attention to detail and commitment to provide a personal funeral service with care and respect
“Debbie provided a very caring and professional service to myself and family. I found Debbie to be very thoughtful respectful and professional in every way. I am very grateful to Debbie for making a very sad time bearable with her kindness.”
“Debbie gave me an excellent service, she and her staff were both caring, considerate and above all compassionate on what was a very traumatic day, she helped my family and I. Thank you Deb.”
“Debbie was very professional, caring and understanding. She helped us every step of the way and we couldn’t have managed without her. When you have lost someone it’s wonderful to know you have someone who is there for you, Thank you Debbie.”
“Extremely professional service provided by Debbie at a very difficult time. Nothing was too much trouble, cannot thank Debbie enough for everything she did for us at a very difficult time. Many thanks.”
“From the bottom of mine and families heart we can not express how much this beautiful lady supported our family on the sad passing of our beautiful mum. Debbie a million percent is totally different and unique to anyone else! So calm and delivered a very personable service which was amazing and everything was perfect we was showered with care compassion respect promoting mums dignity all the time, her professionalism was outstanding as were her team . Debbie took care of everything her advice was insane nothing was to much trouble and she was always on the phone if needed. We thank you Debbie and team we will never forget how you delivered and made us feel We would a million percent recommend Debbie”
Chapel Visits By Appointment
A funeral or memorial service in the chapel of rest before or after a cremation or burial.
For gatherings of up to 30 family members, a service can be held at our chapel of rest prior or after the cremation or burial with the Minister or Celebrant.
This is available for up to an hour with refreshments of tea and coffee and a light buffet
Cost on request.